Thursday, July 06, 2006

Highlights

Its been a busy couple of weeks here.

Janell's cousin BJ, her husband, their three girls and their dog all came through town last week and will return tonight as they trek between Dallas and Pennsylvannia. Our girls love to slumber party with their cousins.

I turned thirty-five. My mom and sister were in town to help me celebrate, and they brought my newborn nephew, Will, with them. Janell and the girls also took me out to dinner at one of our favorite local places, Demos' Steak and Spaghetti House.

I finally got around to seeing King Kong on Friday. If ever a movie needed an editor this was the one. Take away about an hour and it might have been enjoyable. By the end, I just wanted the "damn dirty ape" to die so I could go to bed. Or maybe it need Charlton Heston....

We also watched Memoirs of a Geisha this weekend. A visually stunning film that seemed tragic despite the "happy ending".

Monday we hosted a game night. I managed to win at Blokus and TransEuropa only to lose at Settlers.

Then we spent Tuesday on the lake and playing more games. My friend John has a boat, so we packed up the kids and did a little boating and tubing. Taylor called it "zooming".

No comments: