Thursday, July 06, 2006

Festival Time

It is that time of year again when thousands of people travel hundreds of miles to sleep outdoors and brave the elements in order to hear good music. No I'm not talking about Bonnaroo, which is put on here in Middle Tennessee. I'm talking about the annual Cornerstone Music Festival in Bushnell, Illinois. IMHO, this is the premier music festival for fans of faith influenced music. If you haven't been, you really should.

I attended the festival in 1997 and again in 2000 and have great memories of seeing Adam Again, the Vigilantes of Love, the Call, Rich Mullins, Daniel Amos, the Crossing, Over the Rhine, John Fischer, the 77's, and the Lost Dogs. Of course I'm not there this year, but you can checkout ZionRed's blog for an eyewitness account. You can also checkout Cornerstone's live media coverage.

In honor of C-stone, I'm posting this video clip from 1997 when Terry Taylor (Daniel Amos, Lost Dogs) gave Pat Robertson a tour of the festival.

4 comments:

Eric said...

I wish I could go to the festival, it sounds like a great time. Maybe one day I will get the chance to go.

By the way, I am glad to see I am not the only one who likes Daniel Amos and Rich Mullins.

Scott Rushing said...

Pat Robertson riding the mosh pit...funny stuff. :)

Anonymous said...

i came, i saw, i conquered

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure that my blog is such a great eyewitness account of the festival. However, I appreciate the nod, Nord.