Sunday, July 17, 2005

a busy weekend

Its been a busy time ....

  • 4:30 a.m. friday - airport run for my parents and their missions team who were headed to the Dominican Republic via Miami. Ironically, their 6:45 am flight was delayed til 1:00 pm, so the loss of sleep was for naught.
  • 7:00 am. - my church's weekly men's bible study - a small crew this morning.
  • 9:00 am - arrived at work a tad bit late and a little sleepy
  • 6:30 pm - attended a my pastor's daughter's birthday party - our kids had a blast playing at the park. The guys practiced their chip shots and conspired to play poker.
  • 10:00 pm - Texas hold'em with Daniel, Greg, Marty, Troy and Tony - we wrapped up shortly after midnight and I managed to be the short stacked of the two remaining players.

Saturday's events coming soon.

1 comment:

Scott Rushing said...

so Texas hold'em has made its way to Nashville now...I'm somewhat amazed at this poker craze that everyone is on. There's even a monthly game among the religion students here. And we play with actual money. Makes me miss Settlers of Catan. :)