Monday, July 18, 2005

Bethel College

I was asked what the deal is with Bethel College. Here's my reply:

I teach survey American history in a condensed format. Its broken into two classes: History I covers European exploration through Reconstruction (1877) and History II covers The American West (1877) to the 1980 presidential election.

Bethel College's main campus is McKenzie, TN (west of Nashville), but they have a satellite campus here in Nashville. The satellite campuses only offer one degree program (BA in Business) tailored to meet the needs of non-traditional students. Most of the faculty are adjunct. Students are expected to complete a certain number of general education requirements (called College Start) and then work toward their degree.

Most of the students I teach are in college start (meaning they haven't begun work in their major), but I do have students who take history as an elective.

The link on the left will tell you more.

No comments: