Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Iglesia

When I arrived here in Lima on Sunday I was operating on just a few hours of sleep, but I wanted to go to church with my hosts. So after a quick shower, we drove across town to the Spanish-language Four Square church they attend.

While I studied spanish almost 20 years ago in high school, my comprehension is pretty low. The worship was easier to follow. I made attempts to sing along - understanding a few words and phrases. All but one of the songs were new to me. It was fun to sing the familiar song Blessed Be the Name of the Lord with my Peruvian hermonos & hermanas. I really like their song Mas a Ti, Menos a Mi (More of you, Less of Me).

The sermon was more difficult to follow. My host had a spanish/english bible so I knew the scripture passage. Abe translated portions for me as went along. Fortunately, the pastor was a very dynamic speaker making it interesting to listen to and observe.

The church exterior / courtyard



The pastor



Sunday dinner with my hosts the Koops



A dinner guest

1 comment:

Choate Family said...

Looks like you are having a great time. Way to jump in with both feet!