Thursday, April 03, 2008

beauty from ashes



Nearly two years ago I posted briefly about the tragedy at Taylor University when four students and one staff member were killed in a horrific car accident. The story made national headlines when it was discovered that the identities of two of the victims had been switched. One girl lived and the other died. The story is resurfacing now because the two families involved have collaborated to write a book. Dateline NBC produced a very well done story last week that is available on YouTube in twelve parts. (part one is posted above).

While I can't begin to fathom the pain and anguish that the families have experienced nor can I find a nice neat explanation for why such a tragic event could happen. I do take hope and inspiration from the faith that each family expresses as they share their story. Did God pre-destine these events to occur? I don't know, but I am confident that He does find a way to bring beauty out of ashes.

1 comment:

Scott Rushing said...

I saw part of an interview with Matt Lauer and the parents of the girl who died. He appeared to be sincerely impressed by their mental tenacity and integrity.