Thursday, August 02, 2007

Harry Potter is Dead - Long Live Harry Potter!

Janell and I both finished reading the seventh and final installment in the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I'm not much of a literary critic, but I will say that the Rowling is a great story teller. Her characters are both fantastical and "real". I found myself really being moved emotionally as they experienced laughs, dangers, triumphs, and loss.

Most surprising of all was the more blatant Christian imagery and references in the final book. Christianity Today has a special section dedicated to the cultural phenomenon and in particular this review (caution: spoilers).

Also check out what aka Pastor guy has to say about the final book and the whole Christianity & HP controversy.

And finally, check out what the guys over at Scriptorium Daily are saying about Harry (caution: spoilers).

Update: My good friend Scott used his superior blogging skills to share his thoughts on Deathly Hallows.

And if you thought the epilogue was too short, check out J.K. Rowling's online chat transcript.

1 comment:

Scott Rushing said...

Thanks for the reference to Scriptorium Daily. That's the first time I ever visited the site.