Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Is Harry Potter great literature?

I consider myself a fan of JK Rowling's Harry Potter series (I've read each of the books and watched the movies). However, I've always thought of the series as just children's literature and fun summer vacation reading - almost a guilty pleasure.

Thanks to the Hogwarts Professor, I'll won't feel guilty anymore. Check out what he has to say about the literary (and even spiritual) value of the series and his speculation on the 7th and final book Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Warning this blog says its for the "serious reader of Harry Potter" and much of what he says may make your brain hurt (no pain, no gain).

hat tip: Filmchat

1 comment:

Scott Rushing said...

Every time I am tempted to think that I have read the novels fairly carefully, a web site like this reminds me that I have not.