Saturday, March 17, 2007

Tennessee Game Days

I spent last weekend playing board games as part of Tennessee Game Days put on by my friend Rick and hosted in my church's gym. It was loads of fun playing some of my favorite games, learning new ones, and meeting new gamers. Here's my list of games played.

Andromeda - few can resist the temptation to shake the cosmic hockey puck
Big City - i managed to build the shopping center and still lost
Crokinole - imagine curling as a table game
Doge
Flaschenteufel
Hamsterrolle
History of the World - a marathon game (this one took 6 hours). i liked it but doubt that i will play it again anytime soon
Memoir '44
Memoir '44 - Pacific Theater - a great WWII 2-player game and the pacific expansion rules are fun.
Princes of Florence, The - #2 on my top 10 games - I don't play it nearly enough
St. Petersburg - played this for the second time and still haven't fully grasped the strategy, but i'm up for trying again
Werewolves of Miller's Hollow

No comments: