Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Oscar Picks

Here are my picks for Oscar night. These don't reflect personal taste because... well most of the films nominated this year just don't excite me like Lord of the Rings did a couple of years ago. I just hope I can do well in the various pools I've entered.

Best Picture: Brokeback Mountain
Best Director: Ang Lee for Brokeback Mountain
Best Actor: Philip Seymour Hoffman for Capote
Best Actress: Reese Witherspoon for Walk the Line
Best Supporting Actor: Paul Giamatti for Cinderella Man
Best Supporting Actress: Michelle Williams for Brokeback Mountain
Best Original Screenplay: Crash - Paul Haggis
Best Adapted Screenplay: Brokeback Mountain - Larry McMurtry
Cinematography: The New World
Editing: Crash
Art Direction: Memoirs of a Geisha
Costume Design: Memoirs of a Geisha
Original Score: Brokeback Mountain
Original Song: "In the Deep" - Crash
Best Makeup: Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
Best Sound: Walk the Line
Best Sound Editing: King Kong
Best Visual Effects: King Kong
Best Animated Feature Film: Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
Best Foreign Language Film: Tsotsi (South Africa)
Best Documentary Feature: Marche de l'empereur, La
Best Documentary Short: God Sleeps in Rwanda
Best Live Action Short: Our Time Is Up
Best Animated Short: 9

2 comments:

Scott Rushing said...

I just filled out my Oscar predictions for Jeff, and you and I agree on most everything. The only differences were on the supporting actor categories. And I don't have Star Wars winning a single award.

I'm pretty sad about the Oscars this year. I haven't seen any of the contenders (unless you count Star Wars and King Kong). I don't even plan on watching, although with Jon Stewart hosting it will probably be entertaining.

Nord said...

Well, I correctly choose 14 out of 24 (not bad). I finished 3rd in Jeff's (Thanks for noticing me) pool and would have finished 3rd in Mark's (aka pastorguy) pool had he received my ballot (I smell a conspiracy ;)

I ended up watching the latter half of the show. Stewart turned in an entertaining performance. I would have enjoyed it more had their been some nominated films I actually cared about.